Sunday 13 February 2022

INTRODUCING HESTER YANG





Hello my name's Hester Yang, London-based photographer and filmmaker. I'm currently doing an MA in Photojournalism and Documentary Photography at UAL. I'm interested in exploring alternative ways of documentary storytelling and have worked across multiple mediums: Sound, animation, photography, film.


As part of a Uni module I'm developing a photographic montage project in collaboration with The Sound Agents, delving into the untold stories of the Chinese diaspora community in Liverpool. I hope to work closely and collaboratively with members of the Chinese communities to create a multi-layered piece that examines memory and history. 


Here is a link to the BBC New Creatives audio documentary piece that I produced and was recently on exhibition at the ICA, London:

Click Link https://www.ica.art/digital/cinema-3/watch/the-fabric-of-sound-watch